Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pork Tenderloin Stir-Fry


A few nights ago we threw a pork tenderloin on the grill, not realizing it was only going to end up being two of us eating this huge piece of meat.  We ended up with a ton of leftover pork tenderloin and after eating it for lunch the next day, I decided that for dinner I was going to change it up a bit.  I knew that I had some ingredients for making a stir-fry and even though I have only ever used chicken or steak I decided that I was going to try to make Pork Tenderloin Stir-Fry. As usual with any recipe concoction that I am unsure of, I always check to make sure I have a pizza in the freezer just in case the new recipe is a disaster.  After a quick look I saw the pizza and decided to trudge forward with my Stir-Fry.  I kept grabbing things out of the refrigerator and cabinet until I was satisfied that I had the ingredients I needed to make this “soon to be” yummy dish.    What I ended up with was a surprisingly delicious treat!  I think that I might have enjoyed the Pork Tenderloin Stir-Fry more than I do when I use Chicken!  I was so excited that it turned out great that I just had to share it with you!  I hope that if you ever find yourself in the dilemma of having crazy amounts of Pork Tenderloin leftover that you will find solace in knowing you can just whip up a quick stir-fry to delight your palate.  Enjoy!

Pork Tenderloin Stir-Fry

What you will need:

Pork Tenderloin (cooked and diced into small pieces), enough for 2 people
1 bag of Brown Rice (I used Uncle Ben’s Instant Rice), ½  a bag per person
1 can of Stir Fry Vegetables, drained (yes, they actually sell this, how easy huh?)
1 can Bamboo Shoots, drained
1/3 Onion, cut into strips
1/3 Bell Pepper or Red Bell Pepper, cut into strips
Stir Fry Sauce (any kind you like)
Sriracha Sauce (for added kick if you like spicy things)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
a Wok or big saute pan

What you can do first to make it super easy on you is go ahead and get your water boiling for the rice according to the package instructions. 

Next grab your Wok and put in on the stove and add about 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  Heat the oil on medium to high heat and add the drained can of Stir Fry Vegetables, Onion, Bell Pepper, and Bamboo Shoots.  Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently so the veggies don’t stick. 

While the veggies are cooking, add your rice to the boiling water and follow the instructions on the box. 

Once you veggies are cooked, add your chopped Pork Tenderloin and mix through.  Then add about 3-4 tbsp of your stir-fry sauce, just kind of eye it so it is not too dry and add more if needed.  If you like spicy you can drizzle a bit of the Sriracha sauce on it.  Mix it all together and cook on low heat for another 5 minutes or so. 

Now, put some rice on a plate and top it with a couple scoops of the Stir-Fry and you are ready to eat!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to cook this tenderloin Pork Stir Fry because my friends told me that this recipe is delicious and healthy for our kids. Thank you so much for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete