Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year...New Goals

Hi!  Welcome to my recipe and other randomness blog.  Let me tell you a bit about myself.  I'm a girl who absolutely loves to cook, really I even just love being in the kitchen, and I love to experiment with different foods.  I also love to have people over to dinner so many of my recipes reflect that.  I often find myself not using recipes for the things that I make so I constantly forget exactly how I made something.  That is where my blog comes in.  I have decided to make it my mission to record on my blog what I cook and how I cooked it along with all of the tasty ingredients I used.  This way when I absolutely love what I cooked, I can then go back and remind myself of what I did and what all I used.  I have a habit of just shaking a little bit of this and adding a little bit of that into things and then can never recall exactly what I did.  I am so excited to be able to reference back on here so I can make things again and again.  I am also really excited to share my recipes with others.  My friends and I are constantly asking each other for recipes and ideas so now they will have instant access to some of my favorite treats.

I have been told by several people that I should blog about my cooking adventures...and for that I am thankful for the encouragement; thank you to everyone who I cook for and who loves my food :) and thank you to my parents and middle sister for teaching me the way around the kitchen and bearing with me through all of my crazy cooking ideas as a child and for being there when I call from the grocery store asking for suggestions and advice.

A little more about me...hmmm...

I love love love making casseroles.  Hence the "throwitinadishandbakeit" name.  I love to experiment with food.  I hardly ever use recipes...I mostly make them up myself or adapt from cookbooks or cooking shows.  I often times will just look at a picture of something and get inspired to make my own version of what I think it is.  I do hope you enjoy reading and using my blog as much as I am sure I will enjoy writing it.  Bear with me though, as I have a huge tendency to be all over the place (as I am sure you have seen already from my writing style) and really random.  Well, lots of recipes to come soon.  Now I am off to make some lunch!  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment