Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Doctor said Flu not Food

So I went to the doctor yesterday morning because I was feeling AWFUL!  I couldn't keep anything down and was extremely dehydrated because of it.  Long story short, I ended up being diagnosed with a stomach virus and after a shot and prescription to get filled I was on my way to the pharmacy.  The doctor told me that I could not eat until tomorrow after lunch and in the meantime I needed to drink 1/2 water 1/2 gatorade mixture.  Wow!  Me, not eat!?  But I do what I am told when I feel that bad.  My diet yesterday existed only of prescription nausea medicine and watered down gatorade.  Times like this make me feel very thankful that I have the blessing of food whenever I need it.  Today I am still on my diet of watered down gatorade and now I am up to crackers :)  Had some chicken and stars soup earlier, but just ate the broth.  I have been watching food network all day and it makes me want to cook so bad and eat all of the delicious food they are making!  Of course, they are showing a ton of mexican type food and I am loving all of it.   AH, I can't wait to get back to normal and get back into the kitchen.  Many new recipes to come as soon as I get better! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment