Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Bean & Pea Salad


This is my favorite side dish this summer!  I had a similar version of this at a friends house and loved it so I decided to make my own.  Another one of the crazy foods I cannot have anymore is Kidney Beans  but this salad works really well with Kidney beans too!  At our house we normally eat this as a side dish to go with sandwiches or wraps for a quick lunch.  I have also eaten it as a semi-meal.  I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!  

What you will need:

1 can Blackeye Peas (drained)
1 can Northern or Navy Beans (drained & rinsed)
1 can Artichoke Hearts, quartered (drained)
1 can Black Olives, whole medium sized (drained)
Small Package of Grape Tomatoes
1/2 of a Cucumber 
1 Green Bell Pepper (or red, I have used both), remove the seeds inside and the stem
Red Wine Vinegar

Preparation:

  • Pour your drained beans and peas into the mixing bowl.  
  • Cut the whole olives, artichoke hearts and grape tomatoes into slices and add to mixing bowl.
  • Dice the cucumber and bell pepper and add it to the mixing bowl.
  • Add 2-3 tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar to the mixing bowl.
  • Stir it all up and then transfer it to a large tupperware and put the lid on then let it chill in the refrigerator for an hour or more before serving.  If you are in a hurry, you can serve it right away.  It tastes delicious for up to about a week!  Enjoy!
Below is a picture of my favorite way to serve this delicious Bean & Pea Salad:









No comments:

Post a Comment