Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Easy Mushroom Crostini's



I first had a variation of these at a friends house and fell in love!  I had recently figured out that I can have parmesan and mozzarella cheese and not get a migraine so naturally I jump on anything with those ingredients.  When I got the recipe from her I came home and immediately made them that weekend for a party we were going to.  I changed them up a bit, I just can never resist, and voila!  These are now my favorite appetizer or side to bring to parties or to serve at our house.  The added bonus is that they are crazy easy to make and take very little time.  You can even prepare the mushroom mixture ahead of time and then just scoop them onto the bread and broil right before you leave or before your guests arrive.  

Ingredients
1 large can mushrooms & stems (drained)
1 cup Mayonnaise (I prefer Dukes)
1 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly shredded/grated)
1 cup Mozzarella cheese (whole milk and freshly grated tastes the best)
1 cup French Fried Onions
1 tbsp Minced Garlic
a few dashes of Tony Chachere’s
        ½ tsp Garlic powder
        ½ tsp Onion powder
        Optional: 1 heaping tablespoon of Cajun Mustard (I think it gives it a little zip)
        1 French Baguette (sliced about 3/4 inch thick aka crostini’s)


Preparation
Turn oven on with Broil on High
Combine all of the ingredients and mix well.  Put a spoonfool of mixture on each crostini.  Spray baking sheet with Olive Oil or lightly with Pam.  Put crostini’s onto a baking sheet.  Broil in oven for about 4-5 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and starting to become a light golden brown.  Be very careful not to forget about them because they will burn super fast.

Serve warm as an appetizer or side dish.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment