Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Bacon Jalapeño Deviled Eggs


Last year for the 4th of July we were invited to a party at a close friends house and I was to bring an appetizer.  I was craving deviled eggs but wanted to put a twist on traditional.  This recipe came from playing in the grocery store and combining two of my most favorite things: bacon and jalapeños.  I will warn you, these will go quick and you will be required to bring them again to the next event :)  I love having these in my easy appetizer arsenal!  I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Ingredients
12 Hard Boiled Eggs (peeled and cooled)
8 pieces of cooked Bacon
3 small fresh jalapeno’s (finely chopped)
2-3 bunches green onion (chopped)
2 tbsp Zatarain’s Creole Mustard 
½ cup Mayonaise (I prefer Duke’s)
¼ tsp Garlic Powder
½ tsp Tony Chachere’s
        Paprika for garnish


Preparation
Cut the eggs in half and scoop out the yellow yolk into a mixing bowl.  Set your egg white cups aside.  Smash the egg yolks with a fork.  Chop the Bacon and add to bowl.  Add the rest of the ingredients (excluding the white part of the eggs)  and mix well.  Scoop the mixture into a Ziplock bag and seal.  Cut the tip of the bag so you can squeeze the mixture into the egg hollow.  This helps you have a pretty appearance.  Sprinkle with Paprika for color and serve cold.  Enjoy!  


No comments:

Post a Comment